AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Estate Planning (Will Plans and Trust Plans)
- Trust and Probate Administration
- Real Estate Law
- Family Business Entities (Corporations, LLCs, Partnerships)
- Licensed in Oregon and Washington
- Accounting Degree – University of Oregon – 1972
- Law Degree – Willamette University – 1975
- LLM (Taxation) – McGeorge Law School – 1982
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES /AFFILIATIONS:
- Member of Oregon State Bar
- Member of Washington State Bar
- Member of Mid-Columbia Bar Association
- Executive Committee, Agricultural Law Section, Oregon State Bar
- Board Member and Secretary of Columbia Gorge Community College
- Board Member and Secretary of Gorge Community Foundation
- Member of Providence Foundation Planned Giving Advisory Committee
Chuck obtained his LLM degree in taxation from McGeorge School of Law in May of 1982. In June of 1982 he and his wife, Kathy, and their two sons, moved to The Dalles and Chuck joined his present law firm which was then known as Phipps, Dunn & Mobley, LLP
Chuck’s law practice emphasizes tax and estate planning for families and family businesses, real estate law, and probate and trust administration. Chuck has extensive experience in providing tax and estate planning for farm and ranch families in the Mid-Columbia region. As Chuck explains at his presentations on estate planning, a well-designed estate plan can avoid taxes, probate, family disputes, and unnecessary fees and costs.
Chuck especially enjoys the opportunity to make speaking appearances in the Mid-Columbia area on the topics of tax and estate planning. You can view some of Chuck’s presentation handouts under ARTICLES AND PRESENTATION MATERIALS below.
Chuck’s passions, other than his law practice, are golf, bike riding, and most of all, spending time with his wife, Kathy, and their five grandchildren.
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATION MATERIALS:
- Gift, Estate, and Inheritance Taxes
- The 10 Most Common Estate Planning Mistakes
- The 10 Most Important Estate Planning Questions
- Do You Need a Living Trust?
- Flowchart of Bypass Trust Plan